Length of Class: 8 Hours
The purpose of this training is to provide employees with information about the OSHA Excavation Standard.
Note: A Competent person is required on every trenching and excavation jobsite.
This class does not certify any attendee as a Competent Person, only the company itself can designate their own employee as a "Competent Person". This class provides information regarding the OSHA standards and safety guidelines. It does not provide the significant work experience required to be considered a Competent Person.
WHAT IS A COMPETENT PERSON?
* 29 CFR 1926 – SUBPART P TRENCHING AND EXCAVATIONS;
* DEMONSTRATE CORRECT SOIL TESTING PROCEDURES;
* IDENTIFY HAZARDS ASSOCIATED WITH TRENCHING AND EXCAVATIONS;
* UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF PROTECTIVE SYSYTEMS;
* EXCAVATION REGULATIONS;
* CONFINED SPACE;
* FALL PROTECTION;
REFERENCE ARTICLES FROM CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS TO INCLUDE:
* Personal Safety Devices
* Haulage & Earth Moving
* Traffic Control, Flaggers, Barricades, and Warning Signs
* Work Over Or Near Water
TRAINING ON UNDERGROUND SAFETY EQUIPMENT;
* TRENCH PLATES;
* HYDRAULIC SHORING;
* TRENCH SHIELDS;
* OTHER PROTECTIVE SYSTEMS;
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 29 March, 2012.